Organic Wheatgrass, Sprouting Seeds (Agropyron elongatum)
Botanical Name: Agropyron elongatum
Common Names:Wheatgrass Seeds
Wheatgrass is a fast growing plant and after only a week’s time, you will already notice the green leaves starting to grow. Even at this early stage, Wheat Grass sprouts provide the full flavor of the fully grown adult vegetables. They make a delicious, hearty sprouted wheat bread, and are also great for juicing.
5 Reasons to grow your own sprouts at home:
1. Nutrition: Sprouts are baby vegetables in their prime. They contain nutrients including proteins, vitamins and minerals, and enzymes. Wheat Grass sprouts are a source of Chlorophyll, Vitamins A, B, C, and E, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, pantothenic acid, and amino acids. Contains more protein than lettuce and spinach.
2. Freshness: Eaten when picked. No loss of nutrients sitting on the produce shelf. Great fresh, flavors!
Variety: You can grow more varieties of salad greens than are available in the supermarket .Your salads will come alive with flavor!
3. Digestibility: As baby plants, their delicate cell walls easily release elemental nutrients. Abundant enzymes make them easier to digest.
4. Space & Time: It’s Easy! Just add water! No soil. No bugs. No green thumb required. No special lights. One pound grows in only 9 inches of space.
5. Economics: Seeds can multiply many times their weight and you can save money by growing your own rather than buying the grown sprouts. Instead of 1 head of lettuce, you get 1,000's of micro-lettuce leaves. You can have a delicious 100% Organic Salad 52 weeks a year for only pennies per pound!
*NOTE: The information above has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. It is for educational purposes only. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Due to FDA regulations, Grassroots Herb Supply, LLC is unable to provide dosage information or any medical advice regarding this product. Please consult with a licensed healthcare professional for more information.